Application Deadline: October 24, 2016
In 2016 the CCFFR Board identified the need to promote the participation of early career aquatic scientists at the annual meeting. Following on the success of the Clemens-Rigler travel award in promoting graduate student participation, the new Early Career Award will provide travel support to aquatic scientists who have completed a graduate degree at a Canadian university and are beginning their careers
Who is eligible?
Individuals who are pursuing a career in aquatic sciences and presenting their research (poster or oral presentation) at the CCFFR/SCL annual meeting and are currently:
- Post-doctoral fellows or,
- Graduates of a Canadian university who received an MSc or PhD within the past 2 years and are currently not employed in the aquatic sciences.
How much can one expect to get?
The Early Career award was established in 2016 and has no precedent for funding. Award amounts will be based on available funds to support the award and are anticipated to be approximately $500 (depending on financial needs).
When and how results will be made public?
The committee will meet a week or two after the application deadline, and applicants will be notified by email.
How to apply?
To apply for travel support, please provide the following:
Application information (please provide all information)
- Name, full mailing address and email
- Current position (e.g. PDF, seeking employment)
- Most recent degree: including Department, University, Supervisor and date of graduation.
- Amount requested: (brief justification for requested amount, i.e. anticipated costs, additional support available)
- Nature of presentation (oral or poster), please attach a copy of the abstract for the presentation in MSWord format.
Information provided will remain confidential. Email addresses will only be used to communicate with the applicant and respondent about the application.
Please send information via email (please use MSWord format for attachments),