Website Associated Environmental Consultants Inc.
why you should be interested
Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a range of innovative environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental services are integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout Canada.
Your background is in aquatic sciences, surface water quality or water resources. You have experience managing projects and can apply Alberta’s regulatory processes to projects across disciplines and client sectors. You have a commitment to technical excellence, a critical mind for business strategies, and a drive to pursue new and interesting projects.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company. Our growing Edmonton office provides many professional development and advancement opportunities for those with an aptitude for consulting.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading and implementing aquatic monitoring field programs.
- Contributing to or leading the preparation of high quality scientific and technical reports.
- Managing projects and inter-disciplinary project teams.
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals and contributing to other business development activities.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Supporting the development of and mentoring staff.
what you will bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. aquatic sciences, water quality, limnology, physical geography, or environmental science); graduate degree (M.Sc.) preferred.
- Project experience in aquatic sciences, water quality, or water resources.
- 6+ years post-graduation experience in environmental consulting.
- Registration with a professional organization in Alberta, or eligibility for registration within 1 year.
- Leadership skills and a drive to succeed.
- A strong understanding of relevant provincial and federal legislation, regulation and permitting processes.
- Experience using R programming language and / or studying lake ecosystems will be considered an asset.
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Program, forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to: Sandra Meidinger (firstname.lastname@example.org) – please include the position title and location in the subject line. If you wish to be considered for other similar positions, please create an account and apply through our application system. We thank all applicants but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.