Mount Alison University
The Environmental Change & Aquatic Biomonitoring (ECAB) Lab, Mount Allison University (Canada), will hire a Postdoctoral Fellow for a 12-month position, renewable for up to 2 years. The ECAB Lab is located in the new, state-of-the-art Environmental Innovation Centre. The candidate will work closely with Dr Josh Kurek and collaborators in the departments of Chemistry & Biochemistry and Geography & Environment. The hire will contribute to the Environment & Climate Change Canada-funded project “Emerging concerns of microplastic pollution in the Saint John River watershed.” Project aims include determining microplastic distribution and recognizing potential impacts to freshwater mussels. The iconic Saint John River is recognized as the “Rhine of North America” and the 2nd longest waterway on the Atlantic shore of the continent.
Preferred candidates will have
• Recent PhD in Environmental Science, Biology/Ecology, Physical Geography, or related discipline
• Field experience and driver’s license
• Ability to work well with others, problem solve, and think independently
• Expertise and keen interest in freshwaters, aquatic ecology, particulate contaminants such as microplastics, and/or aquatic environmental stressors
The successful hire is expected to
• Contribute to project development and execution
• Mentor students in the field and laboratory
• Engage with our diverse partners
• Co-publish and communicate our team’s results
• Co-supervise students, and if desired, contribute to departmental teaching
Mount Allison is recognized as one of Canada’s best undergraduate universities (https://www.mta.ca). The campus is located in charming Sackville, New Brunswick, near the City of Moncton. Many of Atlantic Canada’s notable landscapes and historic landmarks are nearby, including 5 national parks, beaches with the warmest ocean waters in Canada, and vibrant Acadian coastal communities. Sackville is a friendly, university town and is an ideal community to develop your academic career, facilitate collaborations, and explore scholarly activities at a respected Canadian university.
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct 31, 2018 and must include: 1) cover letter outlining interest and qualifications 2) CV 3) contact info of 3 academic referees
Please contact email@example.com for all inquiries. Expected start is early 2019. Salary at NSERC PDF level.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org